Monday, January 16, 2012

Move More, Eat Well 2012: mid month update

I joined in on this amazing year long class, called Move More, Eat Well Jan 1st.  Its a way of focusing on healthy goals for the year and documenting the journey.  Its led by one of my favorite role models, Cathy Zielske.

I started with a "This is my story page, an introduction of sorts":

Then a "statement of intention":

and then a page with this month's main focus and starting point on it: 
and Mid Month:



Its now mid January and I have been working out hard pushing myself on the strength training.  I even tried out for a PUMP AUDITION! LOL.  I started what I would call my official "marathon" training plan this past Sunday.  I've been trying hard to focus on a "whole foods" diet (although very far from perfect).  I'm still using My Fitness Pal to track my nutrition, and I am trying to figure out what I need calorie wise to feel good, preform my best, and maintain (or if lucky loose a little) weight.  So far so good, I am eating much more then I did when actively trying to loose weight, and I have still lost 2 pounds, 4 inches, and 2% bodyfat since weighing in on day one of the course.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see myself responding to the strength training focus coupled with clean eating.  

But...running is gearing up and will be taking the main stage till May.  I am going to drop from 3 down to 2 strength training sessions.  My plan is to run 3 times a week.  A tempo type of run, a hill type of run, and one long slow run.  I will also add in a yoga class to help stretch and keep my hips healthy for running and a day of SWEET REST :)  Most of the Marathon plans I have looked at have a lot more running days in them, but I don't want to sacrifice the strength training, and truly belief that it will help me be a stronger runner.  I need to build those big muscles in my legs not just tear them down running.   I had my first long slow run in sometime this past Sunday and it kicked my ass!  I was wiped the rest of the day and HUNGRY!  I couldn't get over how drained I was.  I have to admit its been awhile since I have felt like that.   Today I did a tempo 10km and again I was WIPED afterwards and hungry as hell.  I can tell that I have not been running as much in the last few months, and I have to work back up to it.  I need to stop worrying about the time and just run at a good comfortable pace and get the distance back.  I find it so hard not to think about time.  I need to re adopt my old motto...MY RACE MY PACE.  I have a feeling that I will be eating more too...LOL.  But I'm not worried about that, as much as I am tracking everything I am listening to my body and eating when hungry and most of the time stopping when full (wink).   The focus on whole foods helps, mentally, I feel like I am fuelling my body with the best possible fuel.  (plus a little or a lot of wine and choc wink)  

I feel like I am off to a strong start in 2012, and am looking forward to what's in store for us in class in February. 



9 comments:

  1. I just love this post. You have the right mind set and I love the way you said that you have a 100 pound weight loss to maintain. That in itself is a huge accomplishment, but also a lot of work. You have set an amazing example of life balance. Keep sharing your story and let's make a date to get your business started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come across from MMEW and thinks its so fantastic - your "before" shot with your guns blazing is amazing. Well done - that will also be me by the end of the year! :) Positive thinking, right? I am aiming for my first half-marathon in sept, but have a long way to go before then, steady on steady on. will enjoy continuing to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already look so dang happy in the pics! And yes, those guns are like, paDOWW! keep it going, girl. The programs sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .
    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a variety
    of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer
    all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    Here is my web page ... Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful site. Plenty of useful information here.
    I'm sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks to your effort!

    Also visit my web blog Michael Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the right site for anyone who really wants to find out about this topic.

    You understand a whole lot its almost tough
    to argue with you (not that I personally would want
    to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that's been discussed for ages. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

    Here is my site :: Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading
    it, you might be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back someday.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job,
    have a nice afternoon!

    My web blog http://wealthwayonline.com/mariolemieuxjersey.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very nice blog!

    My web-site - Kris Letang Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.


    My blog: Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete